Controls Engineer in St. Louis, MO
We have a great opportunity for a skilled Controls Engineer to join our growing team!
The Controls Engineer will design hardware and/or software electronic control systems that increase customers’ manufacturing productivity, quality, safety and other aspects of the manufacturing environment.
Job responsibilities include:
- Meet with customers to analyze and understand requirements; recommend methods to achieve design requirements
- Design control system functionality to address or improve the customer process
- Specify hardware and software system components that will support the recommended system; Prepare wiring schematics and control panel layouts
- Conceive programmable logic controller (PLC) ladder and other source codes such as Visual Basic or other language.
- Write PLC/man-machine interface and other source codes; Simulate and debug written code; Start up and debug code and system functionality at customers’ facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Five + years related experience
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley (Logix 500/5000), VB.net, HMI Programming, SQL, AutoCAD preferred