Senior Mechanical Design Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
We are looking for a skilled and knowledgeable Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team!
- Meet with JHF sales and our customers to analyze and understand customer needs and requirements.
- Determine which projects to pursue and accept, given our in-house capabilities and resources.
- Design machine functionality to address or improve the customer process within provided budget.
- Determine and develop preliminary design, review with engineering manager and sales, and get sign-off from customer.
- Determine cost of a mechanical system, including labor, and work with other departments to consolidate total project solution and costs.
- Develop 3D models using SolidWorks.
- Create bill of materials and build instructions.
- Responsible for final approval of mechanical design.
- Develop final project proposal and provide to engineering manager and sales for review and determination of final sell price.
- Assist with and direct machine builds/assembly.
- Occasionally start-up mechanical system and ensure full functionality at customers’ facilities.
- Prepare as-built documents for distribution to customer’s engineering staff and JHF repository.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or other specialized degree in Engineering Sciences as it relates to company products. Minimum of five years related experience to gain sufficient knowledge to perform the requirements of the position.
- Excellent communication skills, both in written and oral
- Read and interpret documents